Meet Aretha Gaskin
Award Winning Wedding Officiant,
Certified Celebrant, and Speaker
Hello, I’m Aretha Gaskin an award-winning Wedding Officiant, Certified Celebrant, and Founder of The Officiant Business School. I’m Ordained and Registered with the State of New York and based in New Jersey and for the past seven years, I’ve served couples in the New York Tri-State area and beyond, and I’m sooo glad we’re meeting at such an exciting time in your life!
You are a fun-loving and perhaps busy couple in love and about to get married, with a goal of finding an amazing Officiant/Celebrant to handle your upcoming ceremony. Well, you’re in the right place!
Together we will develop your vision and create a ceremony that is uniquely yours. Whether it’s contemporary or religious, non-denominational or interfaith, your ceremony will be beautiful and meaningful.
To put together the most meaningful portion of your wedding day, my approach is collaborative and I bring practicality, know-how, enthusiasm and spunk to the ceremony planning process.
My couples praise me for my fun, efficient, genuine and professional manner and I have just a few ground rules for working with my couples:
- I insist we laugh! Whether it’s a simple ceremony or an elaborate one with many moving parts and rituals, the process can and should be one you enjoy. Let's find a way to make it fun!
- Make it personal. Non-traditional. A little quirky. As long as it reflects you and your relationship, we can most certainly incorporate it. Your ceremony should represent how you feel and who you are, anything but generic.
- Trust. Trust has to be earned, and I will do what I need to make sure you know that I hear you and understand your vision for your ceremony.
- Be treated like its important! Yes, I work with many couples throughout the year, but you wouldn't know it. My approach is personal and focused. It's about you and your day and it’ll be like having an experienced old friend craft and deliver your ceremony.
- I’m highly responsive. You'll hear back from me within hours, not days, throughout the entire process. That’s a guarantee!
Some Fun Facts About Me
When I’m not running my businesses I love to hop on flights to foreign destinations and I’m always laughing and genuinely consider life to be an adventure.
I believe in karma, I believe in love, I'm fiercely loyal and I thrive on the exciting and diverse mix of local, national and international couples I get to work with and my couples become my friends as we collaborate on the most important portion of their wedding day. Yeah, my job rocks!
- My favorite cities: New York, London and Paris
- My celebrity crush: Idris Alba (yum!)
- My guilty pleasure: All things sweet – especially chocolate!
- My worse habits: Shoes and chocolate – completely off the charts!
- My go-to drink: Kahlua and Cream
- My country of origin: Guyana, South America
- My favorite quote: “When people show you who they are, believe them”
- My name: Yes, I was named after the incomparable Aretha Franklin and no, I can’t sing – not a single note!
- My favorite flower: Pink Peonies – because nothing makes a woman smile quite like a fresh bouquet of pink peonies
Go ahead and book a consultation, I’m excited to connect with you to design a ceremony that you and your guests will absolutely love!